Servicing a motor effected/washed by seawater:
- Cut out power supply by circuit breaker & taking out fuse. Mark & disconnect supply wire. Took Megger reading & recorded.
- Take out the motor, open up & dismantle. (Make sure marking on both cover & body)
- Clean and wash with warm fresh water.( About 180′ F)
- Cover by canvas, dry with positive ventilation & 500 watt lamp
- Clean with Electro cleaner.
- Baking by 500 Watt lamp for few hours.
- Take Megger reading. (test stable or constant reading) Apply insulation varnish to the winding while warm.
- Baking & taking the Megger.
- Reassemble & put back into service.
- When test run check sound, ampere & temperature.