- At least one fire hose for each of the hydrants and hose shall be used only for extinguishing fires and testing purposes. (Passenger Ship)
- One for each 30m length of ship and one spare, but not less than 5 in all. (Cargo Ship = or > 1000GT) and ship carrying dangerous goods shall be provided 3 hoses & nozzles in addition to those required above and cargo ship <1000GT, shall be provided no less than 3 fire hoses & nozzles.
- 2 ½” diameter and 30ft or 60ft. length.
- Nozzle for ER 12mm, 16mm and 19mm size and shall be approved for duel purpose (jet/spray) incorporating shut-off valve.
- Fire hoses shall have a length of at least 10 m, but not more than:
- 15 m in machinery spaces;
- 20 m in other spaces and open decks; and
- 25 m for open decks on ships with a maximum breadth in excess of 30 m.