(By Kamal Hossain, Chief Engineer)
- Pre-bunkering meeting should be held , quantity , grade and distribution plan to be drawn up.
- By considering of volume allowance is 10 ~ 15 % for expansion , all tanks to be filled up to 85 % maximum.
- Clear over flow tank , drain tank .
- Top up settling and service tanks.
- Clean filters and sight glass of bunker line.
- Keep level indicator, sounding gauge and pressure gauge good working order.
- Arrange quick communication between bunker point and control .
- Check scuppers plug condition.
- Keep cleaning materials and chemical near by bunker point.
- Alert oil pollution control team as per contingency plan.